UK: Laughing at “Safe Space” May be Disability Hate Crime

Originally published at: http://dstormer6em3i4km.onion/uk-laughing-at-safe-space-may-be-disability-hate-crime/

Diversity Macht Frei
September 28, 2018

It’s getting harder and harder to distinguish reality from Onion-style parodies. But this story is apparently real. Soon Britain will be able to supply the world with an endless supply of comedy just by reporting the news.

This tweet may be reported to the police as a “disability hate crime”.

One autistic party member, Rebecca*, told DNS this afternoon (Thursday) how she had seen Hartley-Brewer’s video on Twitter.

She had already used the conference safe space as she had been experiencing panic attacks because she had been finding the noise and crowds at the conference “overwhelming”.

She said: “I used it to chill out. It really helped.”

But she then saw Hartley-Brewer’s Twitter message, which she said left her feeling “humiliated and violated”.

She was supported by Disability Labour, which represents disabled party members, after turning up in distress at its conference stand.

She said she came across the stand and “just burst into tears, shaking with anger and rage”.

She praised the support she was given by Disability Labour and said she was now set to report the incident to the police as a potential disability hate crime.

A second disabled member also told Disability Labour that he believed the room was no longer a “safe space” because of Hartley-Brewer’s actions.

Hartley-Brewer has refused to apologise, although she tweeted: “I’m told that this ‘safe space’ at Labour conference is meant for people with autism and other disabilities. The sign doesn’t say that.

*Not her real name

Source
11 Likes

screw Labour, they have been anti-White all along!

This is the man I like to see in power

Unfortunately he died in 2005.

5 Likes

Satire has become reality, and it’s funnier than anything made up.

But I’m not surprised that this is a UK story. The British have never really understood the concept of free speech and why a free society can’t exist without it.

4 Likes

*UK government more like

This is the UK gov’s response on the free speech petition.

The Government is committed to upholding free speech, and legislation is already in place to protect these fundamental rights. However, this freedom cannot be an excuse to cause harm or spread hatred.

Current UK legislation values free speech and enables people who wish to engage in debate to do so - regardless of whether others agree with the views which are being expressed. Everyone has a right to freedom of expression under Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). This is a qualified right however, which means that it can be restricted for certain purposes to the extent necessary in a democratic society. This means that free speech is not absolute.

Importantly, the law ensures that people are protected against criminal activity including threatening, menacing or obscene behaviour both on and offline. The Government is clear that hate crime and hate speech are not acceptable in our society, and anyone seeking to use freedom of speech as an excuse to break the law should still face the full force of the law.

A hate crime is any criminal offence, for example assault or malicious communications, which is perceived to be motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a person’s actual or perceived race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or transgender identity. The Government takes hate crime very seriously, which is why we published the hate crime action plan (Action Against Hate: The UK Government’s plan for tackling hate crime) in July 2016.
It is also worth noting that section 29J of the Public Order Act 1986, for example, states that the offence of inciting religious hatred, does not restrict or prohibit discussions, criticism or expressions of antipathy, dislike, ridicule, insult or abuse of particular religions.

In this way, the Government believes the law strikes the right balance between protecting citizens and protecting their right to free expression.

Home Office

7 Likes

Retard privelage

When you need a police investigation for a trivial matter in the UK.

th-1

6 Likes

Wow! Are the Brit’s actually getting worse! than the French?

Literally shaking, just shaking.

4 Likes

What a sad little island. Think of the (modern) (((celebrities))) and (((politiicans))) from that place and then realize that’s the best of the British.

Show me a British female model that is 7/10 compared to a heartland American hottie and I’ll shut up.

It’s the jews’ First Colony.

4 Likes

I live on Cuck Island, it gets worse everyday.

Revolution/Civil war is the only option now.

3 Likes

Not long ago (maybe 30 years back) you’d often hear people in Britain say “I’ll say what I bloody well like; it’s a free country m8” Nobody says that anymore. No country has marched backwards on freedoms at such an accelerated rate as the UK.

The UK doesn’t have specific laws which is what makes it such a nasty place to live. There’s no holocaust denial laws for example. But there are general catch all hate speech laws which can used to arbitrarily prosecute anybody - including people who teach their pugs to do a Hitler salute.

It’s an oppressive country without freedom of speech or association (organizations guilty of wrongthink are simply branded terrorist organizations and proscribed) Certainly the worst place to live in the “free world”.

3 Likes

Shut up!

1 Like

That would be a neat trick. The night of the long butter knives?

2 Likes

I can see the cankles even though they’re cut off.

3 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.